Project to Develop a Remote Landfill for the Camp Valcourt near Lake Lemoyne
ᓯᕗᒧᐊᕐᓂᖓᑕ ᐊᓪᓗᓂᖓ /
On behalf of Commerce Resources Corp., Dahrouge Geological Consulting Ltd. wishes to establish a remote landfill site close to the Camp Valcourt mining exploration site, to limit the impact and cost of transporting waste to Kuujjuaq.
The existing and selected site for the remote landfill development:
– Is located 40 m from the bunkhouses and is visible from the main camp to ensure adequate monitoring at all times;
– Will be monitored regularly to impede wind or animal disturbances;
– Is located more than 150 m from any watercourse;
– Has a firebreak that is at least 15 m wide and free of vegetation from the burn area;
– Requires no special infrastructure or site preparation, other than clearing the firebreak and digging, for the burn to occur below ground level.