content of an environmental impact statement
Section 23.3.17 of the CBJQA specifies that the KEQC prepares the terms and instructions for proponents with respect to the preparation of an impact study. These instructions are detailed in the guidelines transmitted to the proponent by the Administrator.
The general content of the impact study is specified in Schedule 3 of the JBNQA and the Environmental Quality Act. It must include:
- A background of the project;
- A detailed project description as well as the environmental and social environment affected;
- An assessment of the potential impacts of the project;
- A description of the alternatives;
- A description of mitigation and compensation measures and of the environmental monitoring programs.